The best, most stylish, most interesting ebooks are not those that use the default formatting and styling exported by InDesign, QuarkXPress, Pages, Word, or another program. The ebooks that people respond to most use different fonts, colored text, dropcaps, headings and subheads, embedded video, improved typography, and other enhancements we’ll cover in this deep dive into ebook design.
In this course you will learn…
- To format tables and list data
- How to change fonts for some or all of your ebook
- To embed custom fonts for styling beyond default fonts
- To create dropcaps (large initial letters at the beginning of a paragraph)
- To center and right-align text
- To change text colors
- To indent, outdent, and use vertical spacing
- Embed video for the ereaders that support it
- Test and validate your ebook
- …And a whole lot more!
Note: This course is not application-specific. You do not need to use InDesign, QuarkXPress, or any other particular application for this class. All the software you need for this course will be provided to you during the class.